Software Developer & Server Administrator
- Four years of experience performing Unix and Windows server administration via SSH, remote desktop, and several popular control panels (ex. WHM/cPanel, Parallels Plesk, etc.) for the world's largest hosting provider, GoDaddy.
- Consistently recognized for demonstrating initiative in improving workflows by identifying trends and patterns for full or partial automation — ensuring time sensitive and critical tasks are handled in a expedient manner, and the number of overall man-hours consumed by protracted and laborious tasks is reduced.
- Exemplifies the qualities of a top performer: adapts quickly to new roles and expectations, shows great attention to detail, has a keen desire to learn and troubleshoot, and commits to finding new ways to improve each day.
- HTML & CSS
- Node.js & Express
- Test Driven Design
- Object Oriented
GoDaddyDEC 2011 - PRESENT
Hosting Support Developer (HSDEV) & Tier 3 - Web Pro
- Independently designed and developed several critical web
applications from the ground up using Node.js, AngularJS, and
MongoDB that are used on a daily basis within the Hosting Support
- Responsible for the setup, configuration, and administration of several development and production server environments used by all Hosting Support applications — utilizing Bash scripts and OpenStack's APIs to deploy each server on customized CentOS 7 builds.
- Created several Bash scripts for automating the processes involved with setting up Nginx, Node.js, MongoDB, adding an 'hsdev' user and group, and setting file permissions necessary for easy collaboration amongst HSDEV team members working on the same projects and servers.
- Regularly acted as the Scrum master for all biweekly Sprint planning sessions and demos for the HSDEV team and its project managers.
- Wrote documentation for all applications and server configuration settings within Confluence.
- Currently responsible for handling up to fifty tier 3 escalation tickets and chats for dedicated servers, virtual private servers, and shared hosting plans per day.
- Promoted four times for excellent performance, continued improvement, and proactively offering solutions to business needs.
Cox CommunicationsJAN 2010 - DEC 2011
Tier 2 - Retention Specialist
- Assisted over forty customers a day by positioning the value of Cox's services and illustrating the benefits for them to retain (or add) internet, television, and phone service.
- Consistently met or exceeded monthly sales goals, and demonstrated proficiency with other department tracked metrics (average call handle time, customer satisfaction scores, and quality assurance scores).
Direct Alliance CorporationJUN 2008 - JAN 2010
Charter Communications - Web Chat Team Lead
- Promoted to a Team Lead position of the Web Chat department for embodying quality leadership potential and consistently exceeding sales expectations.
- Responsible for coordinating with a global operations service center to supervise and manage all agents on the sales and support floor.
- Awarded for implementing a system of keyboard macros using AutoHotKey that cut down on agent typing time, which reduced overall handle time — allowing a much greater volume of customers to be assisted in daily operations.
Mesa Community College2017
- Currently scheduled for enrollment in the Spring, with future plans to complete a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science at Arizona State University (ASU).
© 2016 Jeffrey Reeves All Rights Reserved | Design by The Digital Alchemist