SEPT 2016 - PRESENT
Operating Systems Engineer - Level IV (TEKsystems)
- Patched and packaged internal software into RPM
packages, uploaded them to decentralized YUM repositories,
and distributed them via Red Hat Satellite to all stores
and branches across the country.
- Developed several critical Web2Py applications, which
utilized XMLRPC requests and cron to monitor the patching
and compliance statuses of thousands of servers across the
- Remediated various issues detected by Qualys' security
scans (ex. insecure SSL cipher suites, library exploits,
Apache/Nginx headers, kernel parameters, etc.).
- Created many BASH and Python scripts to automate time
- Updating firmware, such as on network
interface cards (NICs).
- Formatting and managing hard disks, logical
volumes, filesystems, and mount points.
- Packing source files or tarballs into RPM
packages and uploading them to YUM repositories.
- Coordinated migrations of many development and
production servers from Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5
to versions 6 and 7.
DEC 2011 - SEPT 2016
Hosting Support Developer (HSDEV) & Tier 3 - Web Pro
- Independently designed and developed several critical web
applications from the ground up using Node.js, AngularJS, and
MongoDB that are used on a daily basis within the Hosting Support
||A Node.js based navigation utility that interfaces
with all Hosting Support web applications. It uses
Express' Jade templating engine to render a
navigation menu that passes requests through an
Nginx server configured as a reverse-proxy to one of
several other Node.js apps managed through PM2.
||Allowed for users to easily navigate between the
various applications and tools developed for the
Hosting Support department.
||An interactive tracker for our Server Recovery Team
to report and monitor unresponsive servers while working
towards bringing them accessible again as quickly as
||Ensured our SLA agreements were met with our thousands
of server customers; such as not allowing servers to be
down for greater than five hours.
||A highly accurate real-time break and lunch coordination
dashboard for use by agents and members of leadership.
||Ensured over 96% agent availability across phone, chat,
and email support teams in various sub-departments.
||A streamlined restore tool for completing content and
database restores across all platforms of our hosting
||Significantly reduced the training time required to teach
new agents how to perform restore request procedures —
going from several days to just a few minutes.
Also, greatly reduced the total execution time necessary
for experienced agents to complete the restore processes
— down from 7 to 10 days down to just 24 to 72
||A restore request form generator for tier 1 agents to
quickly submit restore request escalation tickets to
tier 2 agents for processing.
||Reduced the total number of man-hours spent on the
time-consuming tasks required for completing restore
request forms by over 80%, while ensuring a very high
level of accuracy in the submitted information.
augments and improves existing features and functionality
within all web-based internal tools; such as our CRM,
internal ticketing system, server and database dashboards,
||Significantly improved workflows and reduced fatigue
on time consuming tasks for both agents and members of
||An AutoHotKey based multi-clipboard manager that
stores and retrieves up to ten recently copied items.
||Greatly reduced the amount of time spent having to
copying the items over and over during the work day.
- Responsible for the setup, configuration, and administration of
several development and production server environments used by all
Hosting Support applications — utilizing Bash scripts and
OpenStack's APIs to deploy each server on customized CentOS 7
- Created several Bash scripts for automating the processes
involved with setting up Nginx, Node.js, MongoDB, adding an
'hsdev' user and group, and setting file permissions necessary
for easy collaboration amongst HSDEV team members working on the
same projects and servers.
- Regularly acted as the Scrum master for all biweekly Sprint
planning sessions and demos for the HSDEV team and its project
- Wrote documentation for all applications and server configuration
settings within Confluence.
- Responsible for handling up to fifty tier 3 escalation
tickets and chats for dedicated servers, virtual private
servers, and shared hosting plans per day.
- Promoted four times for excellent performance, continued
improvement, and proactively offering solutions to business needs.
JAN 2010 - DEC 2011
Tier 2 - Retention Specialist
- Assisted over forty customers a day by positioning the value of
Cox's services and illustrating the benefits for them to retain
(or add) internet, television, and phone service.
- Consistently met or exceeded monthly sales goals, and demonstrated
proficiency with other department tracked metrics (average call
handle time, customer satisfaction scores, and quality assurance
JUN 2008 - JAN 2010
Team Lead - Web Chat (DAC)
- Promoted to a Team Lead position of the Web Chat department for
embodying quality leadership potential and consistently exceeding
- Responsible for coordinating with a global operations service
center to supervise and manage all agents on the sales and support
- Awarded for implementing a system of keyboard macros using
AutoHotKey that cut down on agent typing time, which reduced
overall handle time — allowing a much greater volume of
customers to be assisted in daily operations.